Nick Symmonds on Run Gum, Entrepreneurship, and Beer Miles
My guest today is Nick Symmonds. This was a fascinating discussion because despite being a multiple time US Champion, Olympian, and World Silver Medalist in the 800m, he doesn't consider himself a professional runner. In this episode, Nick dispels some of the myths of the world of the professional distance runner. Some of the things we talk about are:
- Why runners need to be more entrepreneurial and focus on their brand
- What a Beer Mile is and Nick's blazing fast PR
- Why 2017 is going to be his last year of competition
- His flourishing company Run Gum and the benefits the product has - also available on Amazon here
- What advantage competing at a high level gave him in the world of business
He is a super busy guy, so this episode is short and sweet. If you want to know more about Nick's background then check out the resources below!
- Follow his training via Sweat Mobile App
- Read his book Life Outside the Oval Office
- His blog and Pre 2012 Training Log on the Run Gum site - here
Thanks for tuning in! In order to continue to get great guests like Nick it would be a huge help if you subscribed to the show and rated us on iTunes!
To your success,